From Matt Betts:
“Thank you to everyone who supported me in my challenge to give up TV. I did it and discovered new things about myself, whilst managing to read loads and loads of books (see photo below!). The sponsored no TV campaign managed to raise just over £500 for the Living by Giving Trust, so thank you to everyone who sponsored me. This will now go towards our Xavier Project.
I highly recommend giving up TV, because then you have to find other things to do – and you might just surprise yourself.
Thank you to all our supporters who came along to our First Birthday Party on Saturday 22 October 2011 and to all those who donated towards our event.
We have many people to thank, but we would like to publicly thank the following people for their help in making the event a success:
Firstly, we would like to thank our fundraising committee, for helping the trustees with organisation and for being heavily involved on the night: Anna Ball, Terri Betts, Jane Cadogan, Pippa Hembry, Andrew Loynd, Patrick Noble and Alex Turvey – thank you all for your incredible efforts.
A big thank you also goes to the following people (in no particular order):
- Philomena and Mary for preparing all the wonderful food, and to Jane for your invaluable help in the kitchen all night
- Christophe and Lina for helping behind the bar
- The Bikini Beach Band
- Paul and Tony – our brilliant DJ’s
- Pauline – for cake, sausage rolls, and babysitting
- John for various logistics and bringing us all the drinks
- Claudine – for driving Steve to collect things
- Duncan & Chloe for providing the PA system
- Errol Bracken for his speech (and dancing)
- Neil and Sophie for the lights
- Janet for her generosity
- Bluepepper Design
- All those who donated a prize to our raffle
- Gibbs Hartley Cooper for their generosity
- The Arundell family
- The CA
- The British Province of Carmelites
- Walworth Parish, but especially Kevin and Francis
- All the Lourdites!
- Kerry Betts and The Happy Tea Company
- www.costumes4ushop.co.uk for loaning various props
- The amazing staff at the St Bride Foundation
- All the trustees! Dail, Matt, Johan, Sadie and Stephen
If you would still like to donate to us, please visit here, and thank you!
Johan Bergström-Allen, Chair (2011 – 2012)