Thank you to all our supporters who came along to our First Birthday Party on Saturday 22 October 2011 and to all those who donated towards our event.
We have many people to thank, but we would like to publicly thank the following people for their help in making the event a success:
Firstly, we would like to thank our fundraising committee, for helping the trustees with organisation and for being heavily involved on the night: Anna Ball, Terri Betts, Jane Cadogan, Pippa Hembry, Andrew Loynd, Patrick Noble and Alex Turvey – thank you all for your incredible efforts.
A big thank you also goes to the following people (in no particular order):
- Philomena and Mary for preparing all the wonderful food, and to Jane for your invaluable help in the kitchen all night
- Christophe and Lina for helping behind the bar
- The Bikini Beach Band
- Paul and Tony – our brilliant DJ’s
- Pauline – for cake, sausage rolls, and babysitting
- John for various logistics and bringing us all the drinks
- Claudine – for driving Steve to collect things
- Duncan & Chloe for providing the PA system
- Errol Bracken for his speech (and dancing)
- Neil and Sophie for the lights
- Janet for her generosity
- Bluepepper Design
- All those who donated a prize to our raffle
- Gibbs Hartley Cooper for their generosity
- The Arundell family
- The CA
- The British Province of Carmelites
- Walworth Parish, but especially Kevin and Francis
- All the Lourdites!
- Kerry Betts and The Happy Tea Company
- www.costumes4ushop.co.uk for loaning various props
- The amazing staff at the St Bride Foundation
- All the trustees! Dail, Matt, Johan, Sadie and Stephen
If you would still like to donate to us, please visit here, and thank you!
Johan Bergström-Allen, Chair (2011 – 2012)
Living by Giving trust certainly know how to throw a party. Super theme, great music and outstanding atmosphere. The ‘all hands on deck’ and ‘home grown’ approach to the evening really showed that as much as possible from the money raised will be going straight into providing opportunities for the charity’s users. All the volunteers did an outstanding job.
I especially enjoyed the birthday cake candle that set the alarm off and we all had to go outside. Happy first birthday Living by giving, and I am looking forward to seeing the pyrotechnics at your 2nd, 10th and 50th!
Loved the Bikini Beach Band, and the gentleman that was always dancing to their music! Thank you for a truly wonderful and enjoyable evening.
Thanks for a great night! It was amazing fun, and definitely memorable!
Thank you so very much for a really wonderful party, well done guys. Keep up all the good work. 🙂
thank you for a wonderful weekend – cheers, chin chin and bottoms -up to Living by Giving! xx
excellent night, thank you to everyone involved.
It was a great night! Thanks for inviting me 🙂
THE BEST CHARITY FUNDRAISER I HAVE EVER BEEN TO, I’M SO HAPPY I WAS A PART OF IT ALL. WELL DONE, JOHAN, MATT, AND ALL THE OTHERS.